Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 2010 Favorites

Here is a list of some of my favorite, stand-out products of the past month, along with a brief description of each. YouTube video relating to this post coming within the next day or two!

Coastal Scents 88 Palette
This month I finally jumped on the bandwagon and ordered this palette. I fell in love right away - it has every color I could imagine ever using and more. The colors are incredibly pigmented and the price is unbeatable. It also allows me to experiment with unique colors I wouldn't typically use without having to go out and buy those individual colors. Next on my wish list: the 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette - I am a HUGE fan of shimmery eye shadows!

Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadows - Skinlights

This has become one of my staple products that I will definitely repurchase time and time again. This palette has four beautiful, shimmery shades perfect for use as eyeshadow bases. I use the champagne shade everyday as a brow highlight beneath the next product I'm about to mention.

Sally Girl Eyeshadow - Champagne
I use this shadow daily in tandem with the cream champagne shade mentioned above. It provides a beautiful pearly highlight for either the brow bone or the inner corners of the eye near the tear duct. For only 99 cents, this is a great buy and has me eager to try a few more shades by Sally Girl.

Revlon Colorstay Lipstick - So Blushious
These lipsticks usually sell for around $10 at a drugstore, but I picked up 4 shades for $2.50 apiece at a CVS clearance. Having tried them out, I now would willingly pay the full price. The formulation of these lipsticks is beyond impressive: they have incomparable pigmentation, go on very creamily and then dry slightly to a long-lasting finish true to the Colorstay name. Of the four shades, So Blushious is my favorite; it's a vivid, lustrous pink shade that gives an instant pop of color to the neutral eyes I often wear.

ELF Eyeshadow Brush
I've heard so many rave reviews about this brush and finally ordered one myself. The quality of the brush is great - sturdy design, soft bristles, zero shedding when washing - and at $1 apiece, adding several to your collection is justifiable. The fluffy bristles pick up shadows and pack them onto the lid effectively, for full-intensity color.

ELF Blending Brush
I love that this brush has slightly shorter, denser bristles than your typical blending brush, and therefore defines the crease effectively. I generally use this to lay the color down into my crease and use a clean blending brush to blend out the edges.

ELF Studio Line Blush Brush & Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder - Luminance
I use this combo every single day to highlight from my cheek bones to my temples for a beautiful, subtle sun-kissed glow. I love the sleek design and super-soft bristles of the blush brush; it's perfect for a gentle yet noticeable application of the luminance powder.

ELF Studio Line Blush - Candid Coral
Coral shades are my absolute favorite to wear on the lips and on the cheeks, and I find they are generally universally flattering. This blush is a beautiful peachy-coral color with subtle gold reflects, providing a lovely, soft flush to the cheeks. I wear this as part of my everyday makeup routine, applied with a stippling brush. Not only is the product itself great, but I adore the sleek packaging, which mimics NARS.

Queen Helene Pomegranate & Raspberry Facial Scrub
After using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub as my sole exfoliant for quite some time, I received this as a Christmas gift and fell in love after first use. It is now an integral part of my skincare routine. I find I actually like it better than the St. Ives scrub, as the exfoliating beads are much finer and gentler, and never irritate my skin the way the apricot scrub sometimes does during dryer weather. The scent is fantastic, and at $3 it is affordable.
*I forgot to mention this in my favorites video - it will make an appearance next month!*

Aussie 3-Minute Miracle & Pantene Pro-V Restorative Mask
I began incorporating weekly deep conditioning treatments into my haircare routine this month and noticed an instant difference. I alternate using these treatments every other week, and I attribute my hair's new-found softness and manageability to both products. I find myself looking forward to Saturday nights when I can pamper myself and use these treatments.

AMI Clubwear Boots
Back in November I took advantage of AMIClubwear.com's Black Friday Sale and ordered two pairs of boots at 50% off. One of the pairs is chocolate-brown faux leather with a cute satin ribbon detailing at the top. My town has been experiencing cold, rainy weather on/off for the past few weeks and these faux leather boots have kept my feet warm and dry - with jeans tucked into them, they are both cute and functional.

Conair 3-Way Lighted Mirror
I don't know how I ever got along without this mirror - with four different setting, it provides balanced lighting for the perfect application of makeup. The side panels allow me to see my look from all sides and the magnifying mirror helps me zero in on areas for extra precision - a big help when it comes to liquid liner.

No comments:

Post a Comment